At Petals and Promises, we try our hardest to make finding the dress of your dreams an easy and enjoyable experience. The biggest questions we get from our brides once they’ve picked a gown are about how their dress will fit in with the theme, colors and vision of their wedding. Of course it’s your special day, but you want to make sure your party looks their best as well.
Here’s a list of our top 6 bridal party favorites:
1. Mismatched bridesmaid dresses. The traditional look for bridesmaids has consistently been same dress, same color. Uniformity. We love the idea of picking one dress and letting each of the bridesmaids wear a different color. This is a great way to incorporate multiple colors in the party. Another popular option is putting your maid of honor in a different color than the other bridesmaids.
2. Patterns. Who says bridesmaids can’t wear patterns!? Mix and match patterns can have the same effect as different colors. Your party can stay cohesive while each member gets to express their style.
3. Sequins, sequins, sequins! It’s never a bad idea to add a little sparkle to a party. The gold and sequin trend just keeps getting better.
4. Floral. Turn your wedding into a floral paradise by utilizing a to-die-for floral print. Our favorites are big, bold and bright.
5. Neutrals. Did you know that the original purpose of a bridal party was to distract “spirits” from the bride on her wedding day? Each of the bridesmaids would wear the same dress as the bride. We love that this trend of dressing similar to the bride is back! Don’t be afraid to put your bridesmaids in a neutral white, ivory, beige or champagne dress.
6. Lace. Soft, elegant and timeless, lace can dress up any party. There are endless patterns of the classic fabric that can add a little extra visual interest in photos of your ladies. Doubling up trends never hurts either! Neutrals, florals, sleeved, etc. — it all works with lace!